Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sucker for pizza!

What can I say, I'm a sucker for pizza! Since I don't eat gluten or "regular" pizza, I am always on the lookout for a tasty alternative. Well, I've made a "meatzza" before but after seeing Vanessa's take on her site  I was ready to give it another try! The recipe was really quite easy, here's what you do & don't worry you won't miss the filling, heavy crust that you might be used to with pizza.
Crust: I used 1 LB Mulay's Mild Italian Sausage
Sauce: 1 14.5 oz can of Muir Glen organic diced toms with basil & garlic
2 TBS of tomato paste 1/2 tsp of basil and 1/2 tsp oregano
Toppings: you decide! What are your favorites? I used bell pepper, mushroom, Applegate Naturals Pepperoni and a little goat cheese
 
Throw all sauce ingredients into high speed blender and blend on high for one minute.
Pour sauce into saucepan, bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer.
With hands mix together pork and egg.
Line a sheet pan with parchment and then pat sausage into desired shape about 1/4″ thick. 
Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes. 
While crust is baking, dice up veggies and shred cheese. 
Top cooked crust with sauce, veggies and cheese, return to oven for 10 minutes. 
Slice and serve, use any remaining sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment