I know I haven't posted what I've been cooking for a while but don't worry we've been eating! I've been back to the gym consistently and it feels so good!! Anyway, I came across this little gem of a recipe and in memory of my Grandma D. these are for her!
Keep in mind, I follow a GFCF diet and egg free and YES, these still were delicious. Cream cheese would have really topped it off!
What you need:
- 1 cup carrots, shredded (I used my food processor)
3 eggsI used 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal mixed w/ 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- lots of: cinnamon & nutmeg
- handful of raisins
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl: almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda and powder, and spice together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients: carrots, eggs (or your sub), coconut milk, coconut oil, and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat a large skillet up under medium-high heat and use coconut oil to grease the surface. I used a EVOO spray.
- Pour batter into small pancakes onto hot griddle. Cook on both sides for 3 or so minutes.
- Top pancakes off with coconut butter and maple syrup.