Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pasta-less Lasagna

Should be pasta-more because less indicates that something is missing. This was delicious and I highly recommend you give this recipe a shot! Damn, that's good is all I could say after eating this!
Going gluten free, dairy free, egg free, I haven't missed pasta! Prior to eating "this way," I ate my fair share of pasta, bread, cereal. Living with a single dad, yes I enjoyed boxes of cereal!! Miss ya Dad!!

This recipes if adapted from Everyday Paleo cookbook but here is how I made it
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 LB grass-fed ground beef
3 mild Italian sausage taken from their casings
oregano
fresh basil, chopped (you have to use fresh)
crushed red pep
S&P
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes, juices drained
1 6 oz can tomato paste
5-6 zucchinis, using a mandolin (I need a mandolin so I used my food processor) To Do: Buy mandolin

Preheat oven to 350
In a soup pot or large fry pan add your meat
Let that break down a bit and then add your garlic
Add in your seasonings to your liking
Once the meat is browned, add the drained diced tomatoes & tomato paste
In a 9x11 glass baking dish place a layer of your sliced zucchini and add a layer of the meat mixture
Top the meat with another layer of zucchini and top with the final layer of remaining meat mixture
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes
Allow your lasagna to sit for 5-10 minutes before digging in!

Try it!! You WON'T miss the cheese or heavy pasta!! This pic does it no justice.

2 comments:

  1. I bought the sausage from Trader Joe's, you really have to try it. I'm craving this dish now!

    ReplyDelete