Monday, September 19, 2011

Simple, yet tasty dinner!

I found this recipe on Cosmopolitan Primal Girl's site and thought, hmmm, turkey and blueberries? Interesting! I'll try it. After reading the comments on Cosmo Girl's site, I was even more convinced to try it. If you can use egg, go for it instead of the flax seed that I used.
I paired this with a bag of pre-cut sweet potato fries from the produce section of Trader Joe's...love those things!

Here's how to whip these suckers up!
1 LB ground turkey
3/4 cup blueberries
Sage
Thyme (I didn't measure my spices- use to your liking)
1/2 shallot, small dice
1 clove minced garlic
1 T flax seed, whisked w/ 3 T of water (this is your egg- use 1 yolk if your tummy allows it)
Mix w/ your hands to make 8 smallish patties
Preheat your coconut oil or butter in your pan...get your pan hot!
Cook for about 4 min/side on med heat

I also ate 3 macadamia nuts as my healthy fat for a complete meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment