Saturday, August 13, 2011

This week's shopping list

Every week I prepare what I am going to cook for the week. That takes some planning for me. I love cooking new things and researching new recipes to try. I usually mix it up with chicken, beef, seafood, and a salad option. I like variety! Ask my husband, I rarely cook the same thing twice. So for this week's menu, I am preparing taco salad, coconut dusted fish with mango salsa, broccoli beef in the crock pot, and a mushroom & cauliflower salad.

Today, I had a late lunch but a light lunch. Last week, I was watching Anne Burrell from Secrets of a Restaurant Chef on Food Network. I really like watching her. She really is good at what she does at making you want to eat what she is making. She's very descriptive and animated and I like that. She was whipping up a Braesola and lightly pickled mushroom & cauliflower salad. Here are the ingredients...
  • 6 cremini mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
  • 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 head cauliflower, thinly sliced on a mandolin
  • 3 fresh thyme springs, leaves picked
  • Pinch crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • Kosher salt
  • 1 cup coarsely grated Parmigiano
  • 1/2 pound braesola, thinly sliced
  • 2 1/2 cups baby arugula
  • Big fat finishing oil
I couldn't find braesola so I used Prosciutto de parma found at Trader Joe’s
I used my food processor and chopped the mushrooms, onion, and cauliflower. I only used about 1/4 of the onion since they sometimes upset my stomach. I also did not use the parmigiano since I am dairy free and to be honest I didn't miss it. It was a very good, healthy lunch.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/braesola-and-lightly-pickled-mushroom-and-cauliflower-salad-with-crispy-parmigiano-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment