Today, I had a late lunch but a light lunch. Last week, I was watching Anne Burrell from Secrets of a Restaurant Chef on Food Network. I really like watching her. She really is good at what she does at making you want to eat what she is making. She's very descriptive and animated and I like that. She was whipping up a Braesola and lightly pickled mushroom & cauliflower salad. Here are the ingredients...
- 6 cremini mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 head cauliflower, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 3 fresh thyme springs, leaves picked
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup coarsely grated Parmigiano
- 1/2 pound braesola, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups baby arugula
- Big fat finishing oil
I used my food processor and chopped the mushrooms, onion, and cauliflower. I only used about 1/4 of the onion since they sometimes upset my stomach. I also did not use the parmigiano since I am dairy free and to be honest I didn't miss it. It was a very good, healthy lunch.